Is it me you are looking for?
Welcome to loan a horse
Thank you for considering to loan a horse rather than buying. The horses who came to us due to injuries, bereavements or other circumstances are now in our care. We access them and rehabilitate them so that the horses can go to another loving home.
The process of a horse on loan is quite a long one, however we want to make sure you choose the right horse for you and in return they get a new home with a responsible carer.
Please find our process below
- View our equines and ask which equines are ready loan
- Please find the Frequent Asked Questions below (FAQ)
- Please download, complete and return the questionnaire by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
The next steps are:
- Please provide two references: one to be an equine professional reference such as vet or trainer; the other can be a personal reference such as teacher, minister or friend.
- Please provide Proof of ID such as passport and Proof of Address such as utility bill dated in the last three months
- Come and meet the horse or pony by arrangement. Handle him, groom him, see him ridden, lunge him and if happy to proceed, ride him.
- Come and meet him several times and ride him out on a hack as well as in the school
- We will conduct a home check of where he will be kept
- Please provide a current Disclosure Scotland security clearance certificate or PVG or SSSC registration or equivalent. If not available please give consent for a security check to be conducted.
- Complete and sign the loan agreement
- Pay the rehoming fee of £250.00 which includes fee for security clearance.
- Arrange suitable safe transport to his new home
- We will conduct regular unannounced checks throughout the loan term where we can resolve any issues. We can also be contacted at any time with any questions.
Nearly there to take your new friend home 😊